Instant coffee was launched onto the market in the 1950's. A cup of instant coffee can be prepared quickly and easily, without brewing, since this has already been done in the factory.
Next time you make a cup of instant coffee, keep these tips in mind.
- Always use fresh water in your kettle. Don't let water sit for too long.
- Try using mineral water instead of tap water.
- Use water just off the boil.
- Add one rounded teaspoon of coffee per cup - more or less, according to taste.
- Milk may be added before or after the water.
- Coffee should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator to preserve the aroma. Instant coffee will keep much longer than roast or ground coffee.